Re: Non-standard CSS-Validator Image Link

Jens Schwartz wrote:

> This code is not valid to the W3C HTML specification. You might
> recognize the end of the IMG tag as non-valid: ..." />

When I validate:

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fl.yimg.com%2Fus.js.yimg.com%2Flib%2Feu%2Fvg%2Fvg_old_20080311.css&profile=css21&usermedium=all&warning=1&lang=en

I'm offered "the XHTML you could use to add this icon to your Web page".
In XHTML, as opposed to HTML 4.01, /> is valid. The output goes on to
add: "(close the img tag with > instead of /> if using HTML <= 4.01)".
Don't you see that in the output when validating your project, and if
not, what's the URI of your project or a test-case that shows the problem?

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis