Re: Non-standard CSS-Validator Image Link

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 08:36:42 +0000
To: Jens Schwartz <jensschwartz@yahoo.de>
CC: www-validator-css@w3.org

Jens Schwartz wrote:

> This code is not valid to the W3C HTML specification. You might
> recognize the end of the IMG tag as non-valid: ..." />

When I validate:

I'm offered "the XHTML you could use to add this icon to your Web page".
In XHTML, as opposed to HTML 4.01, /> is valid. The output goes on to
add: "(close the img tag with > instead of /> if using HTML <= 4.01)".
Don't you see that in the output when validating your project, and if
not, what's the URI of your project or a test-case that shows the problem?

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis