Re: Unknown pseudo-element or pseudo-class :first-child

Anthony Ettinger wrote:

> 7    Unknown pseudo-element or pseudo-class :first-child
> 9 Unknown pseudo-element or pseudo-class :first-child
> 12 Unknown pseudo-element or pseudo-class :first-child
> 15 Unknown pseudo-element or pseudo-class :hover
>
> This seems odd to me...I get this error using the File Upload css
> validator

It's generally best to upload the style sheet onto a web server and
include the URL into a problem report. (For a very short style sheet,
you might include it into the report directly.) Moreover, make sure you
specify which options you used if you have changed anything to deviate
from the defaults.

In this case, it seems that you are using the CSS 1 "profile", i.e. you
are asking the W3C CSS Validator to check against the CSS 1
specification. The default is CSS 2.1, which is the best approximation
to existing browser support and the de-facto "standard" for CSS.

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/