Re: A small typo in your validator...

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:05:35 +0300
To: "Tony King \(aqk\)" <tk@tonyking.tk>, <www-validator-css@w3.org>

Tony King (aqk) wrote:

> Probably fixed by now, but you had the semicolon before the "t"  in
> the &apost....
>
> Sorry! We found the following errors (2)  URI : http://chatvalley.net
> 62 Property align doesn&apos;t exist : right
> 64 Property align doesn&apos;t exist : right

The spelling &apos; is correct (and &apost; would be wrong).

The reason why you see &apos; and not ' is in your browser: it does not
recognize the entity reference &apos; (which is not part of HTML 4.01 but
defined in XHTML).

However, as discussed in April, using &apos; is pointless (it has no benefit
over using the apostrophe ' as such), and we have been told that this has
been fixed in the development version.

Yucca