Re: A small typo in your validator...

Tony King (aqk) wrote:

> Probably fixed by now, but you had the semicolon before the "t"  in
> the &apost....
>
> Sorry! We found the following errors (2)  URI : http://chatvalley.net
> 62 Property align doesn't exist : right
> 64 Property align doesn't exist : right

The spelling ' is correct (and &apost; would be wrong).

The reason why you see ' and not ' is in your browser: it does not
recognize the entity reference ' (which is not part of HTML 4.01 but
defined in XHTML).

However, as discussed in April, using ' is pointless (it has no benefit
over using the apostrophe ' as such), and we have been told that this has
been fixed in the development version.

Yucca