Re: better check this out - you've been copied

Hi Ashley,

On 4-Aug-08, at 11:44 AM, Ashley Berman wrote:

> css-validator.org
> Their selling links on their /thanks.html page on ebay.
> The discussion was on the Google webmaster forum this morning.

Thanks for the notice. That site is indeed playing the confusion to a
nasty level. Using the open source CSS validator is fine, but there
are a few factors that make me think they are really overplaying the
confusion to sell links to gullible people. IANAL, but the extent to
which they go to pretend they are W3C (up to their WHOIS info)
suggests foul play.

We're working on this. In the meantime, let it be clear that  css-
validator.org has nothing to do with the W3C.

Thank you,
olivier
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier