Please remove the ' reference

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:34:39 +0300
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>

I stumbled across the following error message from the W3C CSS
Validator:

Property -moz-border-radius doesn&apos;t exist : 0.4em

I have no objection to the message as such, but I do have an objection
to using the entity reference &apos; in the generated message.

In particular, Internet Explorer displays it literally. The reason is
that although the validator's report is in XHTML format, is is served as
text/html, so IE treats it by "old" HTML rules, so &apos; is undefined.

I'm afraid this could be fairlt confusing to people who don't know the
sad &apos; story.

Moreover, there is _no_ reason to use &apos;.

If you want to use the ASCII apostrophe (which is what &apos; is
supposed to mean), use it as such. The generating software may need some
"escape" mechanism, but that's commonplace programming. Alternatively,
use &#39;, which means the same and works universally.

Finally, if you wish to use the correct punctuation mark, the apostrophe
as per English rules, use &#8217;. (Actually, the report appears to be
UTF-8 encoded, you could use the right single quotation mark as such.
Anyway, it is the preferred character for a punctuation apostrophe, by
the Unicode Standard.)

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/