Re: Validator: #autoXML196424196424 - what? :-)

From: Thomas Auge <auge@virtues.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 12:53:50 +0200
To: Philip TAYLOR <Philip-and-LeKhanh@Royal-Tunbridge-Wells.Org>
CC: www-validator-css@w3.org

Hello Philip,

> but I think the questionner is entitled to ask what
> '#autoXML941453941453' means in the validator's
> output ...

That was actually the core of my question. :-)

I did reply to David and Jens before noticing that the list was in CC,
so you did not see those messages. The reasons for these issues have all
been well explained :-), which leaves two suggestions for discussion:

Should #autoXXXXXXX be more appropriately named or better described in
the validator, so others won't wonder about the same thing? I am now
assuming those are temporary internal tags to reference inline statments.

Should the validator maybe recognize common unsupported items, like
"expression" and mention that this it is not supported by CSS standards?
That could help a lot of people who do not read the whole
specifications. :-)

Regards,

Thomas
http://www.augemedia.de