Re: Validator: #autoXML196424196424 - what? :-)

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:23:27 +0100
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
To: Thomas Auge <auge@virtues.net>

On 25 Sep 2007, at 11:11, Thomas Auge wrote:
> Towards the bottom I get a warning about a Tag named
> "#autoXML196424196424" for http://www.kiss-chance.de (the page, not
> the style sheet, which is /css/style_creme.css and analyzed above)
> in line 111.
>
> Line 111 does not have any style information. The warning is about
> font-families (can't copy/paste here, because I get the german
> validator output). There is not a single font family style in that
> HTML code.

I can see
   style="color: #7b2317; font-family: courier new, courier; font-
weight:bolder;">
in the source code.

> In line 112 the validator complains about the same foreground and
> background color for the contexts "body" and
> "#autoXML196424196425" (Note: This is a different name than the one
> mentioned above!).

I'm not going to go back to that page to check the details (it isn't
exactly work safe), but if I remember correctly, this means you've
specified a background colour for the body element, and a color that
is the same as that background colour for another element (without
specifying a background colour for it).

> Other errors I get and not fully understand are about "expression",
> a workaround I use to accomplish some positioning in IE6.

Expression a proprietary Microsoft extension and is not part of CSS,
any use of it is invalid.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/