“by File Upload”, import error

From: Jens Meiert <jens.meiert@erde3.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 16:38:27 +0100
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

Sorry, I didn't check if that's already been reported:

Validating a style sheet by file upload [1] throws an error when the style sheet imports other style sheets (not using an IRI, presumably):

  File not found foo: Operation not permitted

Assuming that at least a "non-IRI" import just isn't possible when using the upload option, I propose to display a warning, not an error. From my understanding, the validation script just cannot know if there is no correct style sheet reference, and an error message might be a little exaggerated then.

[1] http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/#validate-by-upload

--
Jens Meiert
http://meiert.com/en/