Re: CSS validator apparently not following redirects

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 08:16:43 +0300
To: "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: <www-validator-css@w3.org>

olivier Thereaux wrote:

> On Oct 22, 2007, at 18:50 , Steven Pemberton wrote:
>> I tried to validate http://www.cwi.nl/~steven/amsterdam.html
>> and was told it does not exist.
>
> Works for me (TM).
>
> As a quick guess, I suppose there was a temporary DNS entry glitch
> for either www.cwi.nl or homepages.cwi.nl

I still get
I/O Error: http://www.cwi.nl/~steven/amsterdam.html: Not Found
from the CSS Validator, using a browser that has no problem in accessing
the page http://www.cwi.nl/~steven/amsterdam.html itself. Moreover,
the W3C Markup Validator gets and processes it OK, too.

So this looks very much like a problem in the CSS Validator, in its
HTTP communication. Maybe _it_ has DNS problems?

Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/