Re: erratic "I/O Error: Stream closed"

Hello Kathy,

On Mar 7, 2007, at 10:51 , Kathy Zengolewicz wrote:

> I have tried the suggested fixes and they did not work. I did try
> to validate again and it passed. When my instructor, I'm taking a
> class, tried to validate she is getting the I/O error message again.
>
> I have copied the url's. I validated these within 5 minutes of each
> other. One passed and one gave an error message. Here is one
>
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%
> 2Fwww.virtuallytheone.com%
> 2Fweek3.html&warning=1&profile=css21&usermedium=all

I can confirm that I can see this issue, in a very erratic manner.
Sometimes the validation goes through (the CSS validates), sometimes
the I/O error kicks in. This suggests either a network issue between
the validator and your server, or a bug somewhere around the HTTP
component of the CSS validator.

Yves, I see a lot of lines like this in the Jigsaw error log:
client-391(http-server-socket-clients:247): caught ClientException:
[org.w3c.jigsaw.http.ClientException] Broken pipe
client-474(http-server-socket-clients:1433): caught ClientException:
[org.w3c.jigsaw.http.ClientException] End Of File
client-1980(http-server-socket-clients:2582): caught ClientException:
[org.w3c.jigsaw.http.ClientException] End Of File

Could it be the manifestation of this problem?
Could it be related to the recent switch to the jdk 1.6?

--
olivier