"Invalid number : font Parse Error - [empty string]" not actual error

From: WHR76 <WHR76@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 22:07:16 -0500
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

I'm brand new to CSS and got this error:
"Invalid number : font Parse Error - [empty string]"

Problem is..the only number I had in font statement was "12px", so posted a query to a forum, and get answer that my error was actually that the font FAMILY was missing! So this error message is DEFINITELY misleading! It should say "Missing family parameter" or similar, but NOT "Invalid NUMBER", IMHO.