Re: CSS Specifications

On 18 Jul 2007, at 20:53, Fred wrote:
> The statement "Either get rid of those properties or live with the
> fact, that your style sheets don't validate. You cannot have both."
> is rather childish of you.  The scrollbar properties for example,
> are valid with Internet Explorer and are simply ignored by other
> browsers therefore, their inclusion should not be summarily
> denied.  Get off your high horse and cut us some slack.

Perhaps you might submit a patch that adds support for a "CSS 2 + non-
standard, proprietary Microsoft extensions". It might get accepted by
the QA team.

Personally, I'd put the blame with Microsoft for coming up with new
properties without running them through the standards process (it
isn't as if they aren't a W3C member organisation), rather then
calling people names because the tools they write to test code
against standards only support standards.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/