Re: :last-child pseudo element

Hello Daniel,

On Jan 3, 2007, at 10:21 , Daniel Lorch wrote:
> It seems that with a recent update, the validator now choses to
> validate
> against CSS version 2.1 by default. When I validate my stylesheet,
> this
> gives be an "Unknown pseudo-element or pseudo-class :last-child" error
> message, since that pseudo element is only defined in CSS 3. Is
> there a
> way to specify the CSS version used (something like a DTD for CSS?). I
> wasn't able to find anything, neither in Google nor in the specs
> (maybe
> I wasn't reading carefully enough).

There is no way to specify which version of CSS your stylesheet is
following.

I have seen a lot of discussion on the matter, and suggestions of
constructs such as "@version 3;" but for now, the general opinion of
the group building the CSS specifications is that it is not desireable.

If you feel this is a bad thing hindering your adoption of CSS3, you
could make your opinion known to the CSS working group by using the
public www-style@w3.org mailing-list, where discussions on style
sheet languages take place.

Regards,
--