'javax.servlet.ServletException: Timed out' when trying to validate one of my sites

From: Donald Murray, P.Eng. <donaldm314@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 12:14:32 -0700
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

Couldn't find mention of this in the archive.

I'm trying to validate my CSS by URI. It works fine for these two sites:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fpersonalthyme.ca
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fcoredump.ca

So far, so good.

When I try to validate dmurray.ca, the following link does not work:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fdmurray.ca

In firefox I get:
Servlet has thrown exception:javax.servlet.ServletException: Timed out

In Internet Exploder I just get a '500 Internal server error'.

I'm baffled here. At first I thought it was because dmurray.ca is
using '@import url...', but I'm also using that on coredump.ca. Then I
thought Apache wasn't serving the imported CSS, but those display just
fine in a browser:
http://dmurray.ca/css/screen.css
http://dmurray.ca/css/typo.css
etc.