Re: transparency error - bug i think

On 30 Aug 2007, at 10:07, Matthew Boyd wrote:

> While I was trying to validate my css it came up with an error
> regarding transparency attributes
CSS doesn't have "attributes", nor does it have a property called
"transparency".
> even though I followed the example on the w3c schools website
W3 schools (who are not affiliated with the W3C) are well known for
the dubious quality of their learning materials.
> stating how to use it at: http://www.w3schools.com/css/
> css_image_transparency.asp
The opacity property that page mentions appears in CSS 3 drafts and
will pass validation should you select the CSS 3 profile (the default
is CSS 2.1). The -moz-opacity is Mozilla's proprietary experimental
implementation of that property. Filter is a proprietary Microsoft
property. Neither are part of any standard so can not be valid.

--
David Dorward
http://dorward.me.uk/