Validating XTML with with slyle sheet without "type" attribute

From: spotted <spotted@idknet.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 11:32:24 +0300
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

Good day,

I have a question. I have an XHTML page with link to CSS file. Since I
don't have a type="text/css" attribute (this type is transmitted is a
header from web server), the validator reports that "No style sheet
found". As per to W3C recomendations, it is possible. The question is if
it is possible to check content type of <link rel="stylesheet"
href="..." type="text/css"> without declared type? Please, see the
example at http://r75a7.org/index.htm

Thank you in advance.