Re: css validator error: I/O Error: Stream closed.

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:44:05 +0300 (EEST)
To: "Chmelewski, Kathleen Fern" <kath@indiana.edu>
cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, Chmelewski, Kathleen Fern wrote:

> I've checked the archive and don't find an answer to why I'm getting
> this error when I try to validate CSS.
>
> Here's the url:
>
> http://www.indiana.edu/~iubpc/test

If you search for "Stream" in the list archive, you'll find several
messafes mentioning the "I/O Error: Stream closed" error message.
The answers indicate that this is a perplexing error condition that might
me cause by a couple of reasons. In this case at least, it is related to
the communication between the CSS Validator and the server where your page
resides, since when I had copied your style sheet onto another server and
submitted that address, I didn't get such a message. (I got the correct
analysis that the quantities 10 need a unit symbol after them - you
probably meant 10px.)

As a workaround to the server problems, you could submit the style sheet
to validation either by using the "by File Upload" option by using the
"by direct Input" option with copy & paste.