Re: Request to install on my pc

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 12:57:32 +0900
Cc: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
To: Lucka Beram <LuckaB@edengardens.com.au>

Dear Lucka,

On Sep 23, 2006, at 13:29 , Lucka Beram wrote:
> The reason for this was because my company has a database of 6000
> members 3000 of which we email a newsletter monthly and we just
> wanted a program that would help lower the chance of our emails
> being rejected as spam by allowing us to test the newsletter before
> we email it out.

I am not sure why the tool was suggested to you, but I don't think it
can help your email newsletter.

The CSS validator is a tool which, basically, checks the syntax of
"cascading style sheets", a language for styling documents on the
web. Checking for errors in a web site's CSS is a good idea, but that
has little to do with mass mailing and whether it gets treated as
spam or not.

regards,
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/
W3C Open Source Software: http://www.w3.org/Status