[FYI] public preview of new "unicorn" tool, a centralized conformance checker

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 15:25:46 +0900
To: WWW-Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>, CSS validator list <www-validator-css@w3.org>

Dear all,

[apologies for the cross-posting. Note that there is a new list for
this tool, which I have set up in the reply-to for this message]

“Why do we have to use so many tools to check a single Web document”
is a question that has been on the mind of the W3C QA team for a
while. And I am happy to show you part of our answer today:

http://qa-dev.w3.org/unicorn/

The Unicorn is a project that has been under development for the past
5 months, with the goal of creating a "centralized conformance
checker". Instead of reinventing the wheel and building a conformance
checker for everything, this tool is built as an aggregator of
observations made by different QA tools: validators, link checker, etc.

For more info on the project, links to feedback mechanisms,
documentation and source, see:
http://www.w3.org/QA/2006/09/unicorn_public_preview.html

Thank you.
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier/