Re: Missing packages during validator install

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:47:23 +0900
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org
To: John Russell <johnrussell13@comcast.net>

Hi John,

On Oct 30, 2006, at 03:03 , John Russell wrote:
> I'm just setting it up for command-line use, so no Jigsaw or
> Tomcat.  Are these extra classes something that come with the web
> server environment, or is there more CVSing required on the W3C
> site to get them?

Even without Jigsaw or Tomcat, you'll need a number of libraries to
run the CSS validator. Notably, you'll need a number of classes
distributed as part of servlet.jar (or servlet-api.jar) [1],
jigsaw.jar [2] as well as xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar [3]

[1] http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html (or tomcat)
[2] http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.2/20060329/
[3] http://www.apache.org/dist/xml/xerces-j/

HTH,