Re: no background-color but i have

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:47:45 +0200 (EET)
To: Kosa Gergely <zippanto@inf.elte.hu>
cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Mon, 20 Nov 2006, Kosa Gergely wrote:

> the validator says
>
> Line : 151 (Level : 1) You have no background-color with your color : img#logo
>
> but I have, it is transparent, what is the problem than?

No, transparent is not a color. It is a keyword indicating the absence of
any color, i.e. the background of the enclosing element shines through.
And that is the problem: that background might be set (e.g., by a user
style sheet) to anything, including the color of your text, or something
close to it.