background-color:transparant

From: Carel Klein <carel@klein.speedxs.nl>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 13:36:04 +0200
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

Hi,

I have a question regarding the CSS Validator. In the tutorials it is
said that transparent is a background-color, yet when I validate my CSS
file the validator says that I don't have a background-color in my CSS
file. I wonder if I misread something or if this is a bug in the
validator. Because if transparent is a valid color, then it should work
well in my opinion. Reason why I ask this is because I've the A:... also
included in my CSS file, and the validator wants me to put a
background-color in those tags as well. Yet my menu is on a gradient
image. (Yes, I know.. the unholy way to go but still valid). And I'd
really like to go without warnings even though it's validated and
correct as it is now.

Please help me on this one.

Carel Klein

--