Re: CSS-Validator Install

From: Suman <sumank@blr.pin.philips.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 11:20:13 +0530
To: "olivier Thereaux" <ot@w3.org>
Cc: <www-validator-css@w3.org>

Hi Olivier,
               I have tried to install CSS Validator in the
Fedora.Installation is successful but I am facing the same problem.Check
button is not working and I am unable to Validate any of my pages.

I am just sending you the List of packages I have installed so that you can
easily solve my problem.

1)I have downloaded Apache-Tomcat Version apache-tomcat -5.5.16.
2)To run apache JDK is needed.jdk-1_5__07-Linux-i586.bin is downloaded and
3)Apache is started by ./bin/startup.sh and it was tested by opening
http://localhost:8080. It opens a Apache site.
4)css-validator is downloaded from
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/css-validator/ and its directory structure is
/css-validator/2002/css-validator/(all files).I have created a new folder
called VALIDATOR_DIR and I copied all files.
5)lib folder was created in /VALIDATOR_DIR/WEB_INF/ and all the
libraries(servlet-api.jar,jigsaw.jar, xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar) are
copied into it.
6)servlet-api is copied from Tomcat directory/common/lib,jigsaw.jar is
downloaded from http://jigsaw.w3.org/Devel/classes-2.2/20060329/,
xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar are extracted from
 7)All the library files are added to CLASSPATH and ant was executed.It
created a css-validator.jar file.I have copied that file to
8)web.xml is copied to /VALIDATOR_DIR/WEB_INF.
9)A link for VALIDATOR_DIR was created and moved to Tomcat
10)if i open this link
http://localhost:8080/css-validator/validator.html.en  after restarting
Main Page is displaying properly but Check buttons are not working.All the
error messages are mentioned in my previous mail

Can you plz help me in this regard.
I need it Urgently.

Thanks & Regards,
Connected Planet Validation
Philips Consumer Electronics

Philips Software Centre Pvt. Ltd.
#1, Murphy Road, Ulsoor, Bangalore-560008,
Tel: +91 80 25579000, Extn :- 3900
Mobile: +91 9945501837