Re: result page should be improved

lör 2006-01-14 klockan 00:11 +0200 skrev Jukka K. Korpela:
> On Fri, 13 Jan 2006, Vincent Lönngren wrote:
>
> > The thing about the UTF-8 characters might be considered a bug,
>
> Which thing? You are referring to some previous message, but are we all
> expected to check on our own what "the thing" was?

You are right, I should have written more about that. It is exactly like
you have concluded below - non-ASCII characters are displayed
incorrectly.

> > since CSS is UTF-8-encoded by default.
>
> Where did you get that idea? As far as I can see, the registration of the
> text/css type (RFC 2318) does not specify the default encoding, so the
> general text/* default of US-ASCII applies, by RFC 2046.

I read it somewhere while I was looking for the reason why the
characters are displayed incorrectly. It was obviously wrong.

> > Here is a an example of a CSS file that
> > has some non-ASCHII-characters, in case someone is interrested in it:
> > http://www.mf.lu.se/mf.css
>
> What is the problem with it?
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mf.lu.se%2Fmf.css&usermedium=all
> says "no errors".
>
> > The results page reports itself as UTF-8 encoded, so it's a strange
> > problem.
>
> Which "it"? I happened to notice that some non-ASCII characters are wrong
> on the results page. I guess _that_ is a problem. And it is apparently
> some kind of a character encoding problem in the software, so there _is_
> a bug. The style sheet's encoding is properly declared in an HTTP header.

Yes, that's "it".

--
Vincent Lönngren <vincent.lonngren.759@student.lu.se>