Re: CSS Problem.

On Tue, Feb 21, 2006 at 12:32:49PM +0000, A.Panesar-04@student.lboro.ac.uk wrote:

> I am having problems validating my XHTML document to CSS. I get the
> following error: Please, validate your XML document first!

> The document is a XHTML document and is valid to XHTML already.

The Markup Validator is designed to deal with SGML, it has some
limitations when it comes to XML (as mentioned and linked to on the
Valid XHTML pages). I think this issue is covered by "XML does not
allow a parameter separator that is adjacent to a delimiter to be
omitted."

You missed out a space between valign="top" and class="pageName"

> <!--

Do you realise that this comments your stylesheet out entirely? You
can't use comments like that in XHTML documents as <style> elements
are not defined as containing CDATA - so comments are real comments.

I strongly suggest sticking to HTML 4.01. XHTML 1.0 as text/html only
introduces problems.