On-demand validation using the SOAP interface of the markup and CSS validators

From: Hugo Haas <hugo@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 22:23:29 +0100
To: www-validator@w3.org, www-validator-css@w3.org
All,

This is to let you know that I have been doing some experiments for
making the "Valid HTML" or "Valid CSS" images that people stick on
their pages more dynamic with on-demand validation.

It uses the SOAP interfaces of the validators using XmlHttpRequest to
validity when asked.

I have taken some notes and published some code and examples at:

    http://www.w3.org/2006/02/aval/

It needs more work to be more reliable and work on a wider range of
browsers, but I thought you might be interested in it.

Cheers,

Hugo

--
Hugo Haas - W3C