Not able and create an usable css-validator.jar using servlet.jar

From: Paolo D. <borzoi@caltanet.it>
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 11:05:29 +0100
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Good morning everybody,

I follone instructions at to build css-validator.jar from CVS sources.

I checked out the night of 22nd (Central Europe time), followed instructions
at http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/DOWNLOAD.html with Tomcat 5.5.16, and
I tried and use both servlet-api.jar from %TOMCAT_DIR%\Common\Lib, and
servlet.jar from SourceForge.

When I build with Ant, I've some warning (see attached pic). When I start
Tomcat, paradoxarly servlet-api.jar, or servlet.jar that is, is recognized
as not Servlet 2.3 - compliant (see attached pic), so I'm not able and
deploy.

Also, using css-validator.jar built from command line, I've a
NullPointerException (see attached pic).

About how to resolve, can anyone send me a functioning css-validator.jar by
e-mail?

Paolo

JAR_not_loaded_error.png
(image/png attachment: JAR_not_loaded_error.png)

build_warnings.png
(image/png attachment: build_warnings.png)

CLI_NullPointerException.png
(image/png attachment: CLI_NullPointerException.png)