"background-color: transparent" bug

From: Gedion Sand <gedions@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2005 00:25:23 +0200
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Hello W3C.

I am using your service a lot when creating my website. My current project
is to create my personal site using XHTML v1.1, CSS 2.1 and <div> (instead
of <table>).

During my designing I have found a weird problem. If I want to set a
background-color as "transparent" the validator says I haven't entered a
background-color with my color. I have read your small "faq" regarding
"transparent", and I am doing the right thing:

background-color: transparent;

The validator simply doesn't "see" I have entered that value, and I think
it's a bug?

I can set all other colors on the element and then the validator doesn't
complain, but when "transparent" is set, it says there's no

Gedion Sand, Denmark