Transparent Background, a Bug or Is there any fix?

From: Suman Haldar <coolsaint@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 02:38:08 +0600
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

Dear Friends,
Recently I am working on a site and my clients asked me to give
highest priority on W3c Validation. I m quit successful with XHTML
validation. But when I m working on CSS validation I m getting some
Warning on the background property.

Here is a snippet of My .css :

..date {
font-family : Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size : 100%;
font-style : normal;
font-weight : normal;
line-height : 120%;
color : #333333;
background : transparent;
}
When I validated the code with

http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

And I get a warning Like this :

you can see I have a background property Set but still why should I
face a warning? Is there any way to get rid of this warning? or it is
a bug of the tool ? Any help from the CSS Gurus will be Great for me?
Thanks in Advance.

Coolsaint
http://www.hagionet.cjb.net