RE: Warnings with valid background-color

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 09:58:43 +0300 (EEST)
To: Matt LaPlante <mcd@cyberdogtech.com>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Tue, 18 Oct 2005, Matt LaPlante wrote:

> I don't see what needs to be interpreted.  I can reference a document as
> follows, for example:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/colors.html#background-properties

You are referencing a document that itself says:

"This is a draft document and may be updated, replaced or obsoleted by
other documents at any time. It is inappropriate to cite this document as
other than work in progress."

That's part of my point. A second part is that the draft defines
what it means to say that a user agent conforms to the proposed
specification, but it does not define the conformance of style sheets.