Re: -moz-border-radius validation

From: David Dorward <david@dorward.me.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:09:14 +0100
To: Viz Skywalker <viz_skywalker@yahoo.com>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 15:37 -0700, Viz Skywalker wrote:
> At the moment, I have given up on curved borders so
> that my CSS will validate.

Validation is a tool, you probably shouldn't make it a goal.

> I can not help but wonder why the
> CSS validator refuses to validate these proprietary
> commands when they are a part of the CSS 2.1
> specification.

There are two issues here.

1. I don't think the parser has been updated to support property names
which start with a dash (in CSS2 that was forbidden).

2. Providing a mechanism for vendor extensions to be added without the
risk of conflict with CSS 2.1 properties does not make those vendor
extensions part of CSS 2.1.

(Please direct any responses to the mailing list, not directly to my own
email address)

--
David Dorward                           <http://dorward.me.uk/>
"Anybody remotely interesting is mad, in some way or another."