Odd, erratic warnings

From: Morag McKenzie <morag@cs.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 16:57:31 +1200
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
I've seen several instances of odd and unrepeatable errors from the
validator recently. Out of the blue a warning will be returned that
says: "This property applies to block-level elements".

Do nothing to the page and resubmit it to the validator and the
warning disappears.

I've attached two pdf files. The first (blocklevel_Warning1.pdf)
shows the validator results page displaying the warning, the second
(blocklevel_Warning2.pdf) is the result of the same page (with no
alterations) resubmitted to the validator.

Any ideas what is causing this?

Be aware that this file is not my own - I'm marking students work at
the moment and I've encountered this error with a number of different
students' files. I have never encountered the issue with my own css.

Regards,
Morag
--

Morag McKenzie