Re: Bug with browser specific settings

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 10:11:38 +0200
To: Sebastian Mares <sebastianmares@web.de>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

* Sebastian Mares wrote:
>According to the standards, browser specific settings like
>"-moz-outline" can be used in CSS as long as the have a dash prepended
>(like in my example). The CSS validator however marks such attributes as
>invalid.

Where did you read that? http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/conform.html states
clearly that "A valid CSS 2.1 style sheet must be written according to
the grammar of CSS 2.1. Furthermore, it must contain only at-rules,
property names, and property values defined in this specification" and
-moz-outline is not defined in the specification. CSS 2.1 just say that
if vendors introduce proprietary properties, they must do it such that
clashes with W3C-defined names are avoided.