Re: Invalid CSS? No, just confusion.

Eddy Luten (“Eddy Luten.com”) wrote to the W3C CSS-validator list
<mailto:www-validator-css@w3.org> on 17 July 2005 in “Re:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Invalid=20CSS??=” (“Re: Invalid CSS?”,
<mid:42D9F0DE.6020109@eddyluten.com>,
<http://www.w3.org/mid/42D9F0DE.6020109@eddyluten.com>):

> I've e-mailed and attached the whole css stylesheet, but
> it didn't show up here. I'll cut and paste it here below

Next time, just give a URI pointing to your style sheet.

In your original message (<mid:42D84FBA.50403@eddyluten.com>,
<http://www.w3.org/mid/42D84FBA.50403@eddyluten.com>), Eddy, you wrote:

> The CSS validator says:
> No error or warning found
> I might be overlooking something, but I really think this code is valid?
>
> could you review the attachment please?

In your first point, you show that the validator had checked your style
sheet and found the style sheet valid. Yet you ask why the validator
found the style sheet invalid. Your premise is incorrect. Please explain
precisely what on the results page gave the impression that the
validator had found your style sheet invalid. Then the W3C QA staff and
interested list members can clarify the wording and/or layout of results.

Your first question was about yourself: “I really think this code is
valid?” Whether the question was a typing error or a conceptual error is
unclear to me.

Your second question was “could you review the attachment please?” The
flippant answer is “yes”. A better answer is that it is pointless to
review the style sheet when the pleading party agrees with the validator.

--
Etan Wexler.