Re: Bugs in the validator with quoted keywords and invalid values

From: Christian Roth <roth@visualclick.de>
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:46:58 +0200
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>

kravvitz@dynamicsitesolutions.com wrote:

>> While doing some tests, I found that some simple "illegal values" examples
>> from http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#parsing-errors and
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS1#css1-conformance seem to be badly validated
>> by the validator.
>CSS 2.1 is only a Working Draft; it has not yet reached full
>recommendation status.
>The CSS Validator has not been modified to be able to validate
>stylesheets as CSS 2.1 yet.

It's just that the examples Jean-Guilhem Rouel gave already must be
validated as he describes in CSS2:

I have requested several months ago to clearly state at the CSS
validator's homepage that it - despite trying to create the impression -
actually does *not* validate CSS2 in a reliable way. This hasn't been
done as of today :-(

Note that CSS parsers in actual shipping products seem to be much more
conforming than the W3C CSS validator...

Regards, Christian.