Re: Possible error in file handling

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:09:05 +0100
To: "Salek Talangi" <Salek.Talangi@gmx.net>
Cc: www-validator-css@w3.org

* Salek Talangi wrote:
>When I check www.talangi.de the validator says it is valid css.
>When I copy the html document and verify it via fileupload with
>Mozilla Firefox 1.0, it says there are three errors.
>
>The first parsing error also occurs with other documents.
>The validator is (always?) unable to check the first rule.

I am not sure I understand the problem here. If you mean you use the
file upload feature of the textarea feature of the CSS Validator to
check HTML/XHTML code, then that won't work, you need to submit style
sheet code (no <style>, no <!DOCTYPE>, etc). The Validator will only
consider markup if you validate by URI.