Possible bug in CSS validator

From: Philip TAYLOR <P.Taylor@Rhul.Ac.Uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2005 12:48:56 +0000
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

Validating

	http://www.rhul.ac.uk/testing/set-classes.html

using

	http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator

I am told (correctly) that there is an error at line 10
where I have intentionally introduced a space between
"url" and "(" following "background-image: " to replicate
the effect of an earlier bug which I had to track down.

However, the validator then goes on to describe what it
terms "Valid CSS information", but whilst it correctly
identifies #left, .right, .hidden and .wider, it fails
to identify #right, ascribing its rule-set to an anonymous
rule, as in

o {
     * left : 0;
     * width : 124px;
   }

I imagine that this occurs because of the syntax error
in the preceding line, but I would have expected the
validator's error-recovery to be more robust than this.

[Off-topic] Is there any hope of relaxing the rule that
  currently prevents the keyword "url" from being followed
  white space before the mandatory following open-parenthesis ?]

Philip Taylor