Re: Vendor Specific Extensions

* Christian Roth wrote:
>So is using proprietary extensions in a way specified e.g. in CSS 2.1
>making the stylesheet an invalid CSS stylesheet? Or is it merely making
>it just an invalid CSS 2.1 (or CSS 3, 1, 42) stylesheet?

There is no specification for what is a "valid CSS stylesheet", there
are only specifications for what is e.g. a "valid CSS 2.1 stylesheet".

>Does the validator have a mode that allows checking against a certain
>level/revision combination *plus* allowing proprietary extensions
>(checking their syntax only, of course)? Which profile do I use for that?

No. I also note that there aren't so many specifications for proprietary
extensions that would actually allow telling whether a specific syntax
is allowed or not, at least it would be difficult and error prone.