"display" property

From: Jürgen Bürger <juergenbuerger@mac.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 04:48:56 +0100
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

When trying to validate my stylesheets I get errors because of the
use of the "inline-block" value with "display" property.

The document http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-CSS21-20030915/visuren.html
says this value exists and is valid (obviously only for CSS 2.1 and
CSS 3).

When validating using paste and copy to a text field (on http://
jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/) CSS validates, when CSS 2.1 or 3 is
selected, but with upload, referer-link or uri the same stylesheet
doesn't validate - probably because the "inline-block" value was
first introduced with CSS 2.1 and validator checks against CSS 2 and
earlier?

Is this a bug?

Regards,

J. Buerger