Re: Puzzled

From: Michael Higgins <michael.higgins@yale.edu>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:30:06 -0400
CC: www-validator-css@w3.org

Michael Higgins wrote:

> Mark Brown wrote:
>

>> We're very keen to integrate css validation into our build script.
>

>> However, we've had so much trouble trying to get the thing working
>> from the command line (and still can't get it to give us the same
>> results that we get when we run it against your site) that we've lost
>> confidence in it.
>>
>> Why is it in such a bad state? Is it reliable?
>>
>> We're all quite puzzled here as to why the w3c can't offer the world a
>> css validator that looks like someone cares about it ...

[snip]
> HTH [anyone]. If it did, well, maybe someone else can fix the code that
> always generates that bogus error.  ;-)

[snip last post]

Postscript:

I just zipped the build folder up and moved it to windows. Works fine
there as well. As for the error I called 'bogus', well, that' _my_
error. Whoops. Maybe there's an error in the wdg stylesheet as well.

Anyway, I think it works great for what I need.

-- mike higgins