FYI: Pipe character in stylesheet url replaced with pipe and space causes error

From: Paul Bryant <GAP66> <paul@gap66.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 20:00:21 +0100
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>

I have been linking to stylesheets with code similar to:

<link rel="stylkesheet" type="text/css" href="/.i/css-3D/3D|3D/3DBl" />

I found that when trying to validate the css the validator returned 404 File
Not Found for the url:

"/.i/css-3D/3D| 3D/3DBl" (note the space after the pipe character)

I have now changed my code to use underscores instead of pipes and the
validator works fine - (and my css passes ;-).

I also noticed that after the first error the validator also displayed bug
#787 [Parse Error - Empty String] for css rules defined directly in the
document following the stylesheet link. This error disappeared when I
changed the url causing the first problem(?).

Regards,

Paul Bryant