Re: Limitations of the CSS validator

* David Latapie wrote:
>I found what I think are limitations on the CSS validator.
>
>1. <http://www.teaser.fr/~lcolombet/empyree/dotclear/>
>
>	background:rgba(255,255,255,0);
>	color:rgba(255,255,255,0);
>
>I was not able to see them in CSS 2, only on CSS 3.
><http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/CR-css3-color-20030514/#rgba-color>

Yes, and the CSS3 support of the CSS Validator is incomplete and highly
experimental, it is likely that css3-color will be a Recommendation be-
fore it is fully supported.

>2. Opera proprietary extensions
>	-o-link: attr(cite);
>	-o-link-source: current;
><http://www.opera.com/docs/specs/#css>
>Look for the following string: "CSS Extensions for XML"
>I think this should be ignored or at least no more than a warning
>should be displayed

That depends on the CSS profile you use for validation, none of the
supported CSS profile supports these properties, using them makes
your style sheet invalid and the Validator thus reports errors. If
you think proprietary extensions should not cause style sheets to be
invalid, you should post a comment to this effect on the relevant
profile.

>3. In French:
>Propriété érroné
>should be