CSS validator: Problem with @charset directive

From: Addison Phillips [wM] <aphillips@webmethods.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 15:10:42 -0800
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>
Cc: <w3c-i18n-ig@w3.org>

Hello Validator team:

I happened to notice that when I submit an otherwise valid CSS 2 or CSS3 stylesheet for validation that includes at its start the @charset directive, the validator reports that the first element following the @charset had a parsing error.

I tried this on at least two stylesheets and removing the @charset fixed the sheet for validation. Since my stylesheets were purely ASCII and I wanted to continue to display the CSS validator logo (on the W3C website), I put those modified sheets online, but can provide you with the originals if necessary.

Thanks,

Addison

Addison P. Phillips
Director, Globalization Architecture
http://www.webMethods.com
Chair, W3C Internationalization (I18N) Working Group
http://www.w3.org/International

It is not a feature.