Re: SOAP 1.2 and CSS Validator

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-01-10 at 01:06, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
> > * Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> > >Just a note to say that Yves is working on implementing SOAP 1.2 support
> > >in the CSS Validator. For those of you who are interested, you can try
> > >an HTTP GET on the following URI:
> > >http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http://www.w3.org/&output=application%2Fsoap%2Bxml
> >
> > Since that did not work for me I had a look at the sources and it seems
> > the correct parameter would actually be <...&output=soap12> which does
> > work. At lest for textarea validation, validating by URI stopped working
> > some hours ago, it takes a few minutes and then the validator responds
> > with an I/O error...
>
> hu? I just tried again and it works... Network troubles maybe?

I did some upgrades to the validator as it failed during christmas
holidays, it may have caused some trouble this week.

Summary of the new things:
1/ It now uses the XMLCatalog for publicId (and not just systemId)
2/ use mark/reset to avoid getting twice the same document on the network
3/ closes the streams when it can

The online version also contains the changes Bjoern made (last update was
today 11h UTC).

--
Yves Lafon - W3C