regarding CSS 2.0 validation

From: <Michaelmcdill@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 05:41:02 EST
To: www-validator-css@w3.org
Dear sir/madam

I have created a webpage consisting of an 'HTML 4.01 Transitional' source and
two separate stylesheets, which are linked documents. One stylesheet controls
the layout and the other stylesheet controls the font styles.
       Firstly as I am interested in accessibility conformance is it
recommended to use a stylesheet alone to control the layout?
       Secondly how can I validate the entire website for CSS 2.0? When I
validate a stylesheet it tells me 'To work as intended, your CSS style sheet
needs a correct document parse tree. This means you should use valid HTML.," and
then it gives me an error: URI: file://localhost/C:\WINDOWS\Desktop\Testing
website (w3c)\stylesheet.css.. i don't understand quite what this means, any help
would be much appreciated.

Regards,
        Michael McDill.