Re: CSS validator homepage - "submission"

On Friday, Aug 29, 2003, at 08:24 America/Montreal, Bert Bos wrote:

> Some quick comments:
>
> 1) The page is much too crowded. I think you can remove at least half
> the links on the right hand side.

As you wish. I trimmed the list.

> 2) The word "standalone" should be a link to something, to a download
> page, probably.

"Standalone" here has nothing to do with downloading the validator, but
means that standalone CSS stylesheets (as opposed to embedded) can be
validated. That's the same wording as the current homepage, by the way.
However, since we're working on the homepage, better wording is welcome.

> 3) I'd like each form to be one page, so that the complete page fits
> in one window without scrolling and so that you can bookmark the form
> you use most often.

The full form will be on one page for each, e.g
http://www.w3.org/QA/2003/08/css-validator/validator-text.html.en

But the point of this new homepage is to improve the usability of the
service by allowing people to validate their CSS without having to
navigate too much.

One question for the developers, if I don't include the options in the
simplified forms for the homepage, do I have to keep them hidden or
will the validator apply default values?

> 4) The input field is too wide. Maybe it needs a 'max-width: 90%' or a
> 'width: 90%' or some such.

Fine with me.

--
olivier