Form submission of CSS

From: Michael Johnson <mjohnson@pitsco.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:47:29 -0400
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

I have a question about the public validator site. Is there a reason the
form submission uses the POST method rather than GET? I see that it only
accepts GET (changing the form in my local chahe to use PUT fails). Is
there a technical reason?

The reason I ask is that sometimes it's easier to just paste the contents
of a CSS file into the textarea and click send. I sent one yesterday that
had such a long URI that it overflowed the buffer in our local proxy and
when I shortened it some the jigsaw server returned a message saying the
URI was too long.

Thanks for any insight,
Michael.

--
Michael Johnson < mjohnson@pitsco.com >
Internet Application Programmer, Pitsco, Inc.