Something weird goin? on with the CSS-validator.

From: Ville Koivuranta <ville@virastojazz.net>
Date: 25 Jul 2003 15:00:20 -0400
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

When I try to validate my webpage, the validator says

"
	Please, validate your XML document first!
	Line 300
	Column 39
	The element type "p" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "
	".
" First of all, I have validated the page, and it is completely valid XHTML
1.0 according to the W3-validator.

The wierd thing is, that there is no <p>-tags anywhere near the line 300. I
ran the validator on few sites that I knew is valid CSS and the validator
reported

"
	Please, validate your XML document first!
	Line 47
	Column 130
	An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1ace70) was found in the element
content of the document. "

I got this error too, and the solution, that the validator agreed, was to
add /-characters to the end of the <td>-element. That of course made it
invadid XHTML.
--
Ville Koivuranta
ville@virastojazz.net