Bug Report: CSS Validation (^=)

From: James Craig <james@cookiecrook.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 03:53:29 -0500 (EST)
To: <www-validator-css@w3.org>

I received the following error:

  URI : http://www.cookiecrook.com/include/print.css
  * Line: 9
  Combinator ^= between selectors is not allowed in this profile or version

There should not be an error. The rule in question is:

  a[href^="/"]:after {
    content: " (http://www.cookiecrook.com" attr(href) ")";
    }

I got this selector from an example by Eric Meyer and have also run it
through select|or|acle where it correctly returns:

"Selects any content placed after an a element with a href attribute that
begins with /."

Just thought you would want to know about it since I didn't see it in the
known bugs list.

Thanks,
James Craig
http://www.cookiecrook.com/