From: Tom Thekathyil <tomt@vision.net.au>
Date: 06 Aug 2003 17:13:46 -0400
To: www-validator-css@w3.org

Thanks for providing the css validation site.
I keep getting suggestions to use 'font' instead of 'font-family' in my
css.  However I note that most of the online tutorials I have checked as
well as a couple of books I have seen almost always use 'font-family'.  I
have also noticed that when I convert to 'font' the first type specified in
list is not what displays on the browser but the browser's default font
(tested on IE6.0 and Opera6.01).
Could you provide a link to the definite word on the subject?
Regards, Tom Thekathyil

836 Main Street, Lottah, Tasmania 7216, Australia
Ph: (+61) 3 6373 6191  email: <tomt@vision.net.au>